As I mentioned, I am currently on the hunt for a condo in the city. As a result, I am constantly editing what to do when I find said condo: do I do something new, something with bold, bright colours? Or do I stick with pastels, which is what I have right now? Recently, I have been obsessed with gold accents. I haven’t figured out how to make them work with my current brown/cream/pale blue/pale green colour scheme, but I have time to sort that out.
Will you be adding any of these items to your home over the holidays?
Here are a few of the items currently on my mind:
L-R, starting at the top:
– A classic glam combo, this Gold & White pillow would brighten up any home
– These art deco lowball glasses would be a great addition to my current set of IKEA glasses, even though they are hand-wash only
– I would use these gold pinch bowls to replace my old, scratched up IKEA salad bowls
– This print takes me to Paris and back with one quick glance. I love the gold on black; hung by a makeup table, it would make me smile every morning when getting out of bed.
– My sister bought us last year’s version of these alphabet mugs. Maybe time to add something new and sparkly to the shelves?
– How can this pillow not make you smile?
– These lowball glasses make me proud to be Canadian.
– Hanging this confetti painting would mean I don’t have to choose between silver and gold.
And a few items for your holiday – or any day – get togethers (clockwise from top left):
– The buyers at Indigo are clearly as in love with gold as I am. This decanter is one of many items on the site featuring gold confetti.
– Full-on glitter serving sets. Oh, yes please.
P.S. GlitterGuide did a great post on this colour scheme for the holidays! Check it out here.